Friday, December 18, 2009

Have you or know someone that has been directly affected by the 1989 Exxon Oil Spill?

What do you think about all their repeated appeals and refusal to just pay up for the damages done to Prince William Sound in Alaska?Have you or know someone that has been directly affected by the 1989 Exxon Oil Spill?
I was raised in Seward Alaska. And yeah we were directly affected by it. We were kinda poor back than, and needed the steady fishing to support our family.


I remember school shutting down, so families could volenteer clean up. My mother worked with waste removal on Nash Road, out of town.


back when I was about 16 we recieved a pathetic check of about 400 from exxon. it was to compensate the ';lack of fish we consumed from direct result of the spill.';


Prince william sound has ';recovered'; somewhat. But never to its previouse glory. You can jump on a boat and go out, and at low tides, you can still see oil in the sands.


All because a captain couldnt stop drinking.Have you or know someone that has been directly affected by the 1989 Exxon Oil Spill?
I remember hearing about it but thats it...
I know (of) a poor little bird very badly affected


by the oil spill.
Other than the wild life, no I do not.





Indirectly it has affected us all, we will ultimately end up paying for the cleanup.
I did not realize Exxon was dragging ther butts on this. Who can I write to complain to?

No comments:

Post a Comment